By Randall Fulton
Written via a Federal Aviation management (FAA) advisor certain engineering consultant (DER) and an electronics layout engineer who jointly taught the DO-254 category on the Radio Technical fee for Aeronautics, Inc. (RTCA) in Washington, District of Columbia, united states, Airborne digital layout insurance: A Practitioner's advisor to RTCA/DO-254 is an affidavit to the teachings discovered and knowledge received from decades of first-hand adventure within the layout, verification, and approval of airborne digital hardware.
This useful consultant to using RTCA/DO-254 within the improvement of airborne digital for safeguard serious airborne applications:
- Describes tips on how to optimize engineering approaches and practices to harmonize with DO-254
- Addresses the one such a lot complicated element of engineering and compliance to DO-254—poorly written requirements
- Includes an educational on how you can write requisites that would reduce the fee and energy of digital layout and verification
- Discusses the typical pitfalls encountered via practitioners of DO-254, besides how these pitfalls take place and what will be performed approximately them
- Settles the continuing debate and misconceptions concerning the actual definition of a derived requirement
- Promotes embracing DO-254 because the most sensible capability to accomplish compliance to it, in addition to the simplest route to fine quality digital hardware
Airborne digital layout coverage: A Practitioner's consultant to RTCA/DO-254 deals real-world perception into RTCA/DO-254 and the way its pursuits could be happy. It offers engineers with priceless details that may be utilized to any venture to make compliance to DO-254 as effortless and problem-free as possible.
Read or Download Airborne Electronic Hardware Design Assurance: A Practitioner's Guide to RTCA/DO-254 PDF
Similar aeronautics & astronautics books
Annotation "Flight car functionality and Aerodynamic regulate is designed to function a textual content for both an 11-week or a 16-week direction on the sophomore point. It explains average tools used to estimate airplane functionality, the theoretical foundation of those equipment, and the way quite a few parameters derived from the plane geometry can be utilized to estimate the necessities of regulate surfaces and the aerodynamic forces required to actuate those surfaces.
In plane tales famous sociologist of technoscience John legislation tells “stories” a few British try and construct an army aircraft—the TSR2. The intertwining of those tales demonstrates the ways that specific technological initiatives might be understood in an international of advanced contexts. legislation works to disappointed the binary among the modernist idea of information, topics, and items as having headquartered and urban essences and the postmodernist proposal that each one is fragmented and centerless.
- Textbook of Finite Element Analysis
- The Aviation Maintenance Technician Handbook—Airframe (FAA-H-8083-31)
- Manipulation and Control of Jets in Crossflow
Additional info for Airborne Electronic Hardware Design Assurance: A Practitioner's Guide to RTCA/DO-254
2) The probability of multiple failures and undetected failures. (3) The resulting effects on the airplane and occupants, considering the stage of flight and operating conditions, and (4) The crew warning cues, corrective action required, and the capability of detecting faults. [(e) In showing compliance with paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section with regard to the electrical system and equipment design and installation, critical environmental conditions must be considered. 21(b)(2)6; and exemptions applicable to the product to be certificated.
This document is also known as EUROCAE ED-80. , DOCUMENT RTCA/DO-254, DESIGN ASSURANCE GUIDANCE FOR AIRBORNE ELECTRONIC HARDWARE, Federal Aviation Administration, June 2005. 3. SAE ARP4754, Certification Considerations for Highly-Integrated or Complex Aircraft Systems, Warrendale, PA: SAE, 1996. 4. SAE ARP4754A, Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems, Warrendale, PA: SAE, 2010. , 1992. This document is also known as EUROCAE ED-12B. , 2011. This document is also known as EUROCAE ED-12C.
An effective approach is to list the top-level events from the functional hazard assessment for the hardware. Then, describe the functional failure path(s) and the device(s) or electronic hardware in each functional failure path. Once the hazards, failures, and hardware are associated, the design assurance level is then stated. If any reduction of design assurance levels is permitted due to architectural aspects, then the redundancy/dissimilarity/ control-monitor aspects should be stated along with a justification of the resultant design assurance level.
Airborne Electronic Hardware Design Assurance: A Practitioner's Guide to RTCA/DO-254 by Randall Fulton