By Joseph H. Saleh
A subject in engineering layout is a system's layout lifetime. This publication presents a systemic qualitative and quantitative method of those difficulties addressing, first, the technicality of sturdiness, moment, the marginal rate of sturdiness, and, 3rd, the sturdiness selection challenge for complicated platforms with community externalities (competition and industry uncertainty) and obsolescence (technology evolution). additionally addressed is the expanding rigidity among the layout lifetimes of complicated platforms and the shortening time scales linked to the obsolescence of the expertise. The ebook ends with a dialogue of suppleness in procedure layout. Dr. Joseph H. Saleh is an Assistant Professor of Aerospace Engineering on the Georgia Institute of know-how. He acquired his Ph.D. from the dept of Aeronautics and Astronautics at MIT and served because the government Director for the Ford-MIT Alliance. His examine specializes in problems with layout lifetime and the way to embed flexibility within the layout of advanced engineering structures generally and in aerospace process particularly. Dr. Saleh is the writer or co-author of fifty technical courses and the recipient of various awards for his instructing and examine contributions. He served as a technical advisor to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and has collaborated on study initiatives with quite a few aerospace businesses.
Read or Download Analyses for Durability and System Design Lifetime: A Multidisciplinary Approach (Cambridge Aerospace Series) PDF
Best quality control books
A reference and help handbook for the construction of effectively fermented meals, supplying aid for nutrients guidance in the house and within the commercial area. Covers all significant nutrition teams, from dairy to meats, and discusses such concerns as chemical risks and their keep an eye on, poisonous nitrogen compounds in the course of processing, and the keep an eye on of microbiological dangers.
This advisor presents recommendation on assembly the criteria prescribed within the schooling (School Premises) laws 1996. It replaces layout word 17. the tips are aimed toward the designers of latest tuition structures yet can also be used for the advance of present constructions.
Because the first version of this ebook was once released, so much advancements in welding development were in the caliber coverage section of the method instead of in welding know-how itself. the continual pressures from world wide consumers looking larger reliability from welded constructions has concentrated a lot cognizance directly to caliber.
No matter if you're constructing a high quality administration method for the 1st time or enhancing your current procedure, this best-selling advisor to potent caliber administration utilizing the ISO 9000 relatives of criteria as a framework for enterprise approach administration (BPM) and development is a vital addition on your caliber bookshelf.
- Parenteral quality control: sterility, pyrogen, particulate, and package integrity testing
- TPM: Collected Practices and Cases
- Flammability of Cartoned Lithium Ion Batteries
- Maritime Governance and Policy-Making
- Ternary Networks: Reliability and Monte Carlo
Additional resources for Analyses for Durability and System Design Lifetime: A Multidisciplinary Approach (Cambridge Aerospace Series)
P1: IBE 9780521867894c02 CUFX200/Saleh 2 978 0 521 86789 4 September 28, 2007 17:35 To Reduce or to Extend Durability? A Qualitative Discussion of Issues at Stake PREVIEW AND GUIDE TO THE CHAPTER As we discussed in the first chapter, the implications for selecting a reduced or extended product durability are complex and multidisciplinary in nature. They affect an entire industry value chain and should not be reduced solely to the revenues or profits for the manufacturers resulting from the sales of the goods (as is often done in the economic literature on the subject).
1. The discussion above indicates that, in specifying a spacecraft design lifetime requirement, operators have to assess the risk of loss of value due to both obsolescence of their spacecraft technology base and the likelihood of changing or shifting market needs after the satellite has been launched. 1. Design lifetime tradeoffs: keeping a satellite cost per operational day low through long design lifetime but risking that the satellite will become obsolete before the end of its lifetime. example, it is not clear that it is in the best interest of a satellite operator to make the contract life of a spacecraft too long: new or enhanced capabilities, such as better spatial resolution for an optical instrument, might be developed and become available within a couple of years following the launch, and hence a need might arise to launch a new satellite or risk losing market share to a competitor who launches later with newer or more advanced capabilities.
Shorter design lifetime can stimulate innovation and technological progress. 2A. Potential for maintaining and boosting industry employment level through higher sales volume. 1A. Ability to improve subsequent products through more frequent iterations of fielding and customer feedback. 2A. Potential for higher unit sales volume over time. 1A. Products more likely to be improved through more frequent iterations of fielding and feedback to the manufacturer than products with longer lifetimes. 2A. Longer design lifetime can stimulate the creation of a secondary market for the products.
Analyses for Durability and System Design Lifetime: A Multidisciplinary Approach (Cambridge Aerospace Series) by Joseph H. Saleh